9/27/22: STILL LOOKING, need help ASAP! Trying to be very specific here:
Help needed at small horse farm in Carver. 1-1.5 hours per shift. Currently need both AM and PM shifts filled (looking for a few people ideally). AM shift is approximately 7-8; PM shift is approximately 430-530 give or take a little (depends on how fast you go; times are slightly adjustable but need to stay near those times). Chores consist of feeding hay and grain, checking/filling water, cleaning stalls/paddocks, setting up hay for the next shift - its pretty easy and streamlined. I can do it in under an hour, some people it takes a bit longer. I work shift work (midnights) with forced overtime in addition to teaching lessons, training my own young horse, and trying to occasionally sleep (lol) so I need to have peace of mind that our animals are taken care of when I'm working.
1. Over 18 with own transportation. I can't have anyone under 18 as I am not always here to supervise if I am at work. Likewise, I have had a lot of people in the past thinking they would just bring their baby/small child with them for chores - I prefer not to have this also as it is hard to watch your child and get the work done at the same time and can create unsafe situations.
2. Reliable and able bodied. It isn't super hard but does require lifting bales of hay, scooping poop, and pushing a wheelbarrow (and up a ramp to empty it) repeatedly.
3. Horse experience preferred but will train the right person if needed. This is not full time and is really barely part time - but would be ideal for someone who loves horses and wants a little side hustle.
4. Pay or trade for riding.
5. Prefer someone local to Carver/Plymouth/Middleboro.
6. MESSAGE if interested, I will not reply to comments here. If you message me please be aware that I can't have my phone with me at work so it might take a day or two to get a reply.
Old Bear Farm